BAR[_3_] BAR[_3_] is offline

Default More 'book cooking' at AIG?

Canuck57 wrote:
"BAR" wrote in message
Canuck57 wrote:
"John" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 18:43:22 -0500, Boater
wrote:

...nothing. Just another cut'n'paste.
--

John Salmonbait
It is. But I was thinking the other day this bank bailout is a farce.

Why not do it this way. Pass a legislation that a bank MUST pay it's
debts and creditors or face immediate liquifaction. Special chapter 7a
if you will.

Absorb the bank, firing all senior management and board with cause.

Jailing all officers of the bank. And I do mean officers of the bank.

Good point. The SEC should be hiring 5000 auditors and prosecutors right
about now. Getting them trained up to go after the fraud that has gone on.
The billions GM Chrsylser want is better spent in prosecuting corruption and
incompetance.

When I got my first mortgage the guy making the loan pointed out to me
that he was an "officer" of the bank. I responded "oh." I didn't bother
telling him that anyone with a college degree and an IQ above room
temperature working at a bank is made an "officer" of the bank.