Over40pirate

Default Which engine would you prefer??

Lower rpm = longer life
Higher rpm = shorter life

The Perkins 4-107 in my sailboat takes less than 10 minutes to bleed.
The electric fuel pump between the tank and Raycor filter make it easier to
bleed. I leave the pump turned off except for bleeding.
As a bonus, if the fuel filter gets clogged, enough to cause the engine rpm to
fluctuate, you can turn the elec pump on, and restore adequate fuel pressure.
Before replacing a rusted fuel tank, the filter would get clogged and cause
problems. When motoring into the wind going out an inlet, I would turn the pump
on as insurance. Now with a new tank, I just use it for bleeding.
Don't let the feer of bleeding a Perkins influence the choice.
"Run it slow, run it long"