Larry Larry is offline

Default Todays problem

Frogwatch wrote in news:ca6b94d0-b5ed-414a-a25f-
:

On Dec 17, 9:35 pm, Larry wrote:
wrote in news:03ac4c92-1c2b-40f7-9b95-
:

You might well gain more by sending all crew up on the bow.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

We could blow the stern ballast tanks.....

Being a trig geek, and assuming hull shape counts for nothing, 10
degrees gives you only about 1.' or 1.2 inches. Even 30 degrees dont
give give much.
OTOH, I know that heeling really does work for my boat so hull shape
does matter. I have gotten my boat into places she shouldnt have gone
by heeling her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epz6BBZm__0

Precisely why I'm more interested in this video to free her from the mud,
than I am to get her under that bridge. You could lay her on her side with
these boat balls and drive her off....without the towboat ripoff.