Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default OT - You had to be here....

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 04:27:00 +0000, Larry wrote:

hpeer wrote in news:49482755$0$5532
:

Larry,

Ya know, I believe there are "bird people" and then there are "not

bird
people." You either git it or you don't.

Clearly you "git it." As do I.

That is the best laugh I've had in a couple of days.

Thanks.

I got fed up, tonight, after a couple of hours of calling the flocks.

Do you feed yours softened Zupreem Monkey Biscuits? Try it. I
guarantee not a single crumb will reach the cage floor.

Take a small bowl and put 2" of hot faucet water in it...no hotter than
your finger can stand. (We don't need scorched crops.) Drop one Monkey
Biscuit, which is as hard as concrete out of the bag, into the hot water
and float them for 20 seconds, which heats and softens them. For an
Amazon sized parrot, one biscuit is plenty. For macaws, give him 2.
Notice how absolutely quiet it is until they have been consumed. I've
never met a parrot that doesn't simply love a softened Monkey Biscuit.
My macaw was raised on them as soon as I could quit injecting baby
parrot slop down his gullet.

Once they get used to this treat, do not become concerned at the crazy
displays you'll get every time anyone picks up a bowl in their presence.
Bowl = Biscuits! Great treat...real cheap and just great for them.

If you travel with your parrot, don't leave parrot seed in the cages.

Don't know why, but I'm seeing Larry with a parrot on his shoulder,
wobbling down a pier - with a pegleg.
For some reason he's got white stuff staining his red shirt all down
the back.
Anyway, do you perch your guys up there?
Do they have "accidents" on you?
Curious. I never look up at pigeons a'perchin'.

--Vic