Jere Lull

Default Where to mount the BBQ grill

Jeff Morris wrote:

BBQ underway in heavy weather with waves slopping aboard? I'm glad I don't have the
t-shirt!

Most marinas I know don't allow grills to be used in slips. Where I am now there's a city
ordinance against it.

For what its worth: Most marinas we've stopped at on the Chesapeake (
which are rarely other than MD state run) consider propane grills
"enclosed", so are as legal at the dock as our stove. They do NOT want
charcoal fired grills fired up at the dock, though. Considering the
massive flames I've seen coming from some of those, I don't disagree.

We used to store our Magma in a locker between trips, but have left it
on the transom for most of the past 2-3 years. When not in use, the
propane tank goes some place safe, of course. Except that the nylon
covers disintegrate in about one season, we've found no down side to
keeping the grill mounted back there --- they are pretty light. We got a
Sunbrella cover this year so will only be able to comment on its
longevity next season, but it's been pretty effective agiainst the
monsoon rains we've had.... And Magma warantees the Sunbrella covers
for multiple years. (they should at what they charge!)

--
Jere Lull