Jeff Morris

Default Where to mount the BBQ grill

BBQ underway in heavy weather with waves slopping aboard? I'm glad I don't have the
t-shirt!

Most marinas I know don't allow grills to be used in slips. Where I am now there's a city
ordinance against it.

-jeff

"RichH" wrote in message ...
Best place to 'mount' a BBQ is in a LOCKER (with quick
connect/disconnect to a rail, etc.) .... cant wash overboard, isnt
always in the way, doesnt foul the stern with the usual "crap on de back".
A stern that looks like a floating yard sale is IMHO dangerous,
especially for a blue water boat - everthing you add to the stern or bow
results in additional tendancy for the boat to hobbyhorse and 'plunge'
in large waves. You definitely dont want to be hanging onto a stern rail
trying to save a BBQ when there is heavy weather and there are waves
slopping onboard - been there, have the tee shirt. On the other hand, If
you have a 'marina queen' whose primary function is dockside
entertaining, then it really doesnt matter where to put it .... side of
the mast, pulpit, pushpit, top of winch, etc.