Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Bailout mania...

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 17:17:12 -0800, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

You expect people to not riot if they have contributed a
couple hundred thousand dollars over their working career for no return?

That's exactly why SS won't die.
Even the ones who only contributed 10 grand in their lifetime will
join in on the
"The 50 Great Million Geezer March on Washington."

Especially if they also saved and lived within their means. Not buying 2
luxury cars and going on big time vacations when their income supports 2
Kia's and a trip to the national park campground.

That's what I meant about "personal accounts" bringing a dose of
reality. Might get people to start saving more for their retirement.
Then beyond all the politically-sensitive/rich-poor/class warfare,
accounting, etc, etc issues, there's plain old fraud.
What I never get is how the gov fails to hire an adequate number of
investigators to nip disability and medicare fraud.
I bet that's a huge chunk of money, and the investigators would be
profit centers, not overhead.
Works for insurance companies.

--Vic