Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Bailout mania...

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 18:09:26 -0700, "Canuck57"
wrote:

Did Enron's company pension survive? NorTel? Failed banks? Is GM,
Chrysler solvent? For that mater CPP/OAS in Canada or Social Security in
the US?

Government guaranteeing it? I think I read somewhere if the US government
completely shut down 100% of it's expendatures it would still run short of
cash in 202x or some year like that. Canada is much sooner.
Unquestionaably they will downsize the payments and put harsh means tests in
place. Have $15,000 a year, you have too mucha nd claw it back. Canada
already does this at $55K Canadians (about 40K US), it is called the CPP/OAS
claw back.

Now if you are fool enough to put it all in one company, any one company you
are nuts.

Your point?

Hell, it's pretty obvious. Equities have tanked. Overall.
Sorry to break the news.
Who's going to be the "financial planner" for SS? You?
Go ahead and invest your own money however you want.
You ain't touching mine.
Tell you what.
You're welcome to run for office with all your plans.
Might get some votes.
About as many as all the other "investment experts" out there.

--Vic