Peggie Hall

Default Where to mount the BBQ grill

what about a grill on the back rail of a gas-powered cabin
cruiser type boat? You got gas-fumes to deal with.

Not unless you hang it over the gas tank vent. And even that's not as
risky as it sounds because it's gas fumes that collect in enclosed
spaces that explode...if gas fumes that dissipate in open air exploded,
every vehicle with a gas leak would explode when started and gas
stations would be blowing up daily.

Most grill's I've seen were on backs of sailboats, most
of which are diesel powered.

You just haven't been looking. There are even more powerboats with
grills--which were all charcoal in the beginning, and some people still
prefer it to gas--than sailboats.

what do gas power boat cruisers do?

Mine were mounted on the transom and overhung my swim platform.

To my knowledge, there has never been a boat fire caused by a grill
that's installed and used properly...that is, overhanging the water and
propane cylinders stored above decks. It's only when they're used
improperly that there's any danger of anything worse than losing your
dinner overboard.

Peggie
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html

"Richard Malcolm" wrote in message
.com...

am I the only one afraid of fire on a boat. and am I being silly? I
have never understood why boats just don't blow up when grilling? Can
anyone help me?