longhaul6

Default newbie questions about Mississippi river boat trip

http://cruisenews.net/search2.php?se...rm=mississippi

http://cruisenews.net/search2.php?se...erm=Great+Loop

(Ted Shoemaker) wrote in message . com...
Hello,

My hope is that in a couple of years, I can take my family down
the Mississippi River, from Minnesota to the Gulf. (Or,
alternatively, starting from a tributary such as the Ohio River
or the Missouri River, and ending at the Gulf.)

This is, for me, very ambitious. I have NO KNOWLEDGE of
how to do this, so I need to start researching long ahead of time.
At this point, I have no boat, no boating skills, etc. For that
matter, some health issues stand in the way, but we hope that
will change . . .
In order to make this work (and prevent a disaster), I need to
prepare well ahead of time.

Those of you who know what you're doing -- What do you recommend?
All replies will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Ted

Shoemaker