Hoges in WA Hoges in WA is offline

Default Need solar wisdom

"Geoff Schultz" wrote in message
.. .
Larry wrote in
:

Two meter troll wrote in news:76da5710-b02a-4508-
:

great you get to load your own spyware. notheing like stupidity to
get you new huristics.

EXACTLY which spyware are you referring to? Nothing has been
installed onto my system except the heavy-loading computational
system. It uses 21.4MB of hard drive space for data storage but
empties it when it goes into the report cycle. Looking at the file,
there's nothing about me in it at all and it's not encrypted, unless
you consider physics and chemistry cryptography in your world.

I'm running it wide open on a couple of dual core Intel machines and
there's plenty of CPU left to watch Livestation streaming, type this
nonsense to you and download more movies from alt.binaries.movies.divx
to play on my Nokia Linux tablets.

It also doesn't upset my movie viewing on the same machines. It only
uses internet bandwidth about once ever 28 hours of number crunching
to get the next job from the server and to upload the report of the
last job, about 30 seconds, tops. The current job has been running
full bore for 26 hours and has about an hour and a half left before it
uploads its findings and starts the job it got this afternoon.

If you know of any spyware, I'd be happy to investigate it.....

GOOD GRIEF! "Love Cypress" commercial just came across Euronews and
after seeing the thong-clad model walking through the Mediterranean
white sand beach, I'M READY TO GO!.....How DOES she keep from falling
over on her face?? It defies Physics!

You'll actually find out that this is based upon the BOINC platform,
which supports many different distributed computing projects. It
actually grew out of the SETI (Search for ExtraTerrestrial Intelligence)
project which was started in the mid-90s, which was when I started using
it.

You can find info on BOINC at
http://boinc.berkeley.edu/

There are currently 319,060 active contributors running this on 567,770
computers producing 1,441 Terraflops per hour! I personally have
contributed almost 27,000 hours of computing time, which places me at
the 96% percentile of BOINC contributors and 94% in the US.

http://boincstats.com/stats/boinc_us...de39e8f890005a
30e5de9dfd848a929

Just note that running this does cause your computer to use a lot more
power. On board my laptop draws ~2A @12V when just running, but draws
close to 8A when running BOINC.

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org