Larry Larry is offline

Default OT - You had to be here....

hpeer wrote in news:4946c4c0$0$5519
:

She says "Honey."

The Grey says "Yes."

She "Do me a favor."

Grey "Sure."

She "Go up and get the box in the kitchen and bring it down."

Grey "OK."

So I got the box.

We had gone out shopping or something back when we were married. My
Yellow Nape, Zeke, was located quite close to the main door, easily in
talking range.

My sister-in-law came over and was too stupid to notice one of our cars
was gone. She rang the bell, and the Nape said, "Hello?" She rang the
bell again and got, "Hello? Hello?" Still standing outside she pounds
on the door and said, "Hello, Hello! Now open the damned
door!".....before realizing who was saying "Hello" to her....(c;] (No,
she's not blonde.)

My Nape also loves ANY electronic sound, the more complex the better. I
raised my wife's daughter since she was six. When she was a teenager,
responsive to Pavlov's dog effect, she'd hear the telephone ringing,
perfectly, including the time between rings. The fact that she was
standing right NEXT to a non-ringing phone was of no clue to her poor,
blonde, 14-year-old brain. Totally under Pavlovian response, she'd grab
the nearest phone, even one that never rang, to answer the calls. Then,
instead of taking responsibility for her mistake, she'd get ****ed at
Zeke for his ringing. Zeke never tired of watching her phone-answering
reaction to his incessant "calls".....

Parrots never forget. Zeke still says several phrases my exwife taught
him in the early 1980's. She's never set foot in the house since 1992.
I bet he'd remember her instantly....

As to attacks, we had a Sun Conure aptly named "Screech". NO MORE
CONURES, EVER! Screech was her bird and would live in her long black
hair if you'd let him. Any time he was on her shoulder, you reached out
your hand towards her AT YOUR OWN RISK of being viciously attacked.
Once she was out of sight, Screech would sit on my shoulder for hours,
pooping on my shirt and picking at my hair/ears/shirt collar with no
aggressive behaviour at all. But you want him OFF YOU before you let
her COME INTO VIEW! Queer Conures, damn!

(Zeke has wheedled his way onto me this evening and has been crawling
around inside and outside my shirt, going through all the pocket lint,
for a while before assuming his favorite position laying upside down
between my legs on his back with feet sticking straight up, pressing
hard on the bottom of my keyboard tray as I type this, wedging his body
down between my legs, his head pointing under the desk into the dark.
He's been there a while, I can hear him snoring disgustingly. As he
falls asleep, his head falls back and hangs down. The blood pressure
must be awful like that. Maybe it makes him high....??)

There is no way, by the way, to "punish" a bird. They simply can't
understand why you're not infatuated with any noise they make or the
paper and wooden piles in their cage bottoms.....