Larry Larry is offline

Default OT - You had to be here....

"Edgar" wrote in
:

"May I ask what the turkey did?"

One of my favorite phrases I've taught them to say is:

"Be nice, or BE LUNCH!"

Of course, that may be followed by a macaw squawk that can raise the roof,
which is then followed by the same macaw screaming, "QUIET! GODDAMNED
BIRD!"

Living with poultry is a riot for a month or two until you're saturated
with it....then, it's as if the 3 year old with PMS never grows up...for
the rest of your life. Macaws live about 100 years...Amazons 50-75 years.

I'm stuck with them.

Luckily, parrots have an ON-OFF switch! I'll let it go on a while and when
my BP rises to an unacceptable level, I simply throw a very dark blue old
blanket over their cages. Total silence is about 3 minutes away as they
settle in for a nice nap IN THE DARK! DARK is our FRIEND!

As soon as the sun sets and the light goes out in the parrot room, you're
in silence until Oh-Dark-30 when sunlight returns....IF YOU FORGET THE
BLANKETS! It's about sanity.

I used to keep fish but the damned things always died while I was trying to
teach them how to talk..... They also don't perch well....