RJ

Default newbie questions about Mississippi river boat trip

On 8 Jul 2003 20:17:19 -0700, (Ted Shoemaker)
wrote:

Hello,

My hope is that in a couple of years, I can take my family down
the Mississippi River, from Minnesota to the Gulf. (Or,
alternatively, starting from a tributary such as the Ohio River
or the Missouri River, and ending at the Gulf.)

This is, for me, very ambitious. I have NO KNOWLEDGE of
how to do this, so I need to start researching long ahead of time.
At this point, I have no boat, no boating skills, etc.

Try reading "Old Glory" by Jonathan Raban. Ignore the 'upper class
Brit disdaining the Americans' part and read the details of his trip.

By the way, he bailed on the southern end; the river was too tough for
his little boat.

---
Bob