posted to rec.boats.building
Brian Whatcott Brian Whatcott is offline

Default Tunnel Hull Question

On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 22:48:55 +0000, William Johnston
wrote:

I have just completed a Clark Craft TU 14. This is an all wood 14 ft.
tunnel hull boat. I installed a 50 H.P. Johnson outboard with electric
trim. My problem is at medium throttle I have water coming over the
transom. It seems that the water coming thru the tunnel at low speeds
hits the motor shaft housing and shoots straight up, hitting the motor
mount and gushing over the transom. Is this common with tunnel hulls
and what is the cure ?

Try adjusting the outboard's height. It has a spray plane above the
prop which might cut the splash down.

Brian W