Richard Casady Richard Casady is offline

Default So, what 'cha think?

On Tue, 09 Dec 2008 15:58:08 -0500, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:

Was bad, but at least it had some different scenarios
than so much of the later SciFi crap. Worst was Heinlein and Friday.

Friday sucked too, but not to the level of Dune, Dune Redeaux, Dune
Lunch, Dune Supper, Dune Squared, Dune Cubed, Dune Diddily Dune Dune
Dune - Dune Dune.

There has been a lot of bad sci-fi written even by the Masters -
that's a given.

NOTHING comes close to Dune for pure, out right suckatitude.

In 66 I met Heinlein. He said that Stranger proved the he would do
anything for money. So after that, what do you expect?

As for Dune, et al it sounds like Louis L'Amour, who wrote ten novels
each repeated twenty times. I read Dune as a serial in Analog, during
the brief period that it was full sized. Five parts. Maybe it
remembers better than it reads. I passed on son of dune and the rest
of them.

Casady