Denis M Denis M is offline

Default Adding bow roller and other thoughts

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 09:40:12 -0600, "jlrogers±³©"
wrote:

Anyone know the cost (approximately) of having a yard install a bow roller
and electric/manual windless to a 38 foot boat?

The amount of work is going to vary a great deal depending on the boat
and exactly what equipment you decide on. If you want the windlass to
self-retrieve the anchor without risk of damage to the boat, you will
probably need to mount the roller on some sort of bow pulpit or
extension. That can entail some considerable bracing to get it
strong enough depending on your boat, anchor and bow configuration.

The best thing is to have it done by the boat builder. That what I did.
It cost around $2500 without a wireless remote control.
The cost on a pre-owned boat is anyone's guess.
If you do it yourself you may, with luck, get away with approx. $2500 -
$3500?
What my friend did is to install a manual windlass for a fraction of the
cost.