Karin Conover-Lewis

Default New instrument panel material

I would probably go that direction too, but I'd ask a plastics supplier for
1/4 to 1/2" (probably 1/2") for extruded HDPE, exterior grade. Same as
StarBoard/MarineTuff, but cheaper. Great stuff this extruded HDPE. Works
like butter, wears like iron but doesn't rust. ;-)

--
Karin Conover-Lewis
Fair and Balanced since 1959

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
1/4" Starboard?

Wally wrote:

I'm replacing the cockpit instruments (wind dir, speed, knot etc) in
my sailboat and of course the holes are different.
The original ones were cut right thru the cockpit combing
gelcoat/glass - so have some big holes I can't use.
The solution seems to be an overlay face panel - but what material -

- not teak - too hard to keep up,
- lexan/acrylic - starts to look bad after some years,
- electropolished stainless - but what finish - don't want a mirror
- aluminium anodized - maybe - hard to find good anod in So Cal?

Any other suggestions. It needs to be about 30" x 7"

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com