posted to alt.sailing.asa
Edgar Edgar is offline

Default Propeller walk

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
anews.com...

So you're talking about pitch of the prop as inches per revolution and not
pitch as angle of the prop shaft?
That's going off on a tangent as those talking about pitch angle in this
thread are talking about the angle of the prop shaft from the horizontal
or at least that's the impression I got.

Wilbur Hubbard

You are confused then. Propeller pitch is the distance a prop would screw
itself forward in one revolution if there was no slip.
I noticed from your earlier post that your 'bluewater yacht' has an outboard
on the stern. ROFL