Wwj2110

Default feathering/reversing prop

Im kicking around the idea of building a feathering prop. I've searched the web
for info on the theory of how they change pitch & all I have come up with is
the inner workings of the prop. I'd like to see & understand the whole
system,including the pitch actuator. My closest guess is that the drive gear
for pitch change is stationary to an outer tube, over the driveshaft, with a
helical slot in the outer tube. A pin on the driveshaft sits in the helical
slot & lateral movement of the tube changes propellor pitch. Am I close?