Larry Larry is offline

Default Gel coat Blisters below water line, forward, near bow

Wayne.B wrote in
:

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 20:41:47 +0000, Larry wrote:

I don't ever remember seeing
a blister on the cheapest boats like Bayliner, but I suppose stuff
happens.

They typically fail from stringer or transom rot, sometimes decks,
floors or bulkheads.

Once again, we're all showing our ages by assuming, wrongly I believe, that
there ARE stringers and wooden transoms, which I don't think is the case
any more with that chopper gun spraying into the mold. When I was watching
him do it, here, I didn't see any wood to rot at all!

They were wood when we had that wonderful hand laid fiberglass we were
taught was of such high quality....which it obviously wasn't as it rotted.