Robert Haston

Default Using plastic or heat shrink wrap for plug finish?

After spending untold hours trying to get a smooth finish on a plug for a
mold, I'm looking for alternatives, such as using stretch or shrink wrap
over the plug. Here's my plan:

I have some 18"wide furniture wrap which is like big, tough saran wrap.
I'll stretch it over the sections it will cover and tape it down smooth,
then mold over it. Then I will the wrap over other sections, and lay the
first molded sections on top, and join the whole mold together.

What I would really like is some heat shrink film that would allow me to
iron out any wrinkles or cover steep complex curves.

Any experience trying such a thing?

--
Robert Haston
Satellite Beach, FL