Kevin Gunther

Default Dock building

"America the beautiful"
dom_Fries wrote in
message news
I was asked to build a dock on lake front property. Does the dock have
to float or can I build it like I would a deck? Please help. The dock
would run 20 out into the water and would be about 2 feet deep at it's
deepest point.

--
Chris F
Long Island, USA.

Chris:

No building advice for you, but get hold of "The Dock Manual" by Max Burns.
It is published by Storey Books, North Adams, Mass. Lots of good
information and illustrations in there that will answer a lot of your
questions. Well worth the $25. There are plans for stationary and
floating docks, with material lists etc.

Best of luck

Storey Books
210 MASS MoCA Way
North Adams Mass 01247 Fone# 1.800.441.5700

www.storey.com

Kevin

no connection with Storey, but a happy user of the manual