Eisboch Eisboch is offline

Default Gates of Kiev

"Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq." wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
"Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq." wrote in message
After listening to Tacobell's music, it made me think about another
favorite selection of mine.

Turn the music up loud and get ready to be taken over by the force.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-JjN...eature=related

Even if you don't like classical music, you will like this. Sort of like
the 1812 Overture. Make sure you listen to the slow repetitive build
up to the crescendo.

This song has particularly memories for me because I had a college gf
who liked to put on Pictures at an Exhibition when she would want to
"cuddle". She would insist we make it last to at least the Great Gates
of Kiev.

I am sure this falls into the Too Much Information category, but I
thought some of you may want to try this out.

Thanks! I had never heard it or of it. I don't quite understand the
relationship of the Gates of Kiev orchestration and that of the 1812
Overture. They share many of the same passages. Who copied who?

Eisboch

The composers are both Russian, they are just very intense.

There are some passages that are virtually identical in it and in the 1812.
They must be referenced or inspired by something else. It's interesting
and perfect for Martin-Logan SL3 electrostatics. These speakers really
shine in bright brass and acoustical music. Gives you goosebumps.

Eisboch