mike worrall

Default How much paint for a 32ft?

You probably can't go wrong with the widely available products from
Interlux.

See: http://www.yachtpaint.com

Their products for your application include multiple coats of
'Interprotect 2000E/2001E' which must be applied within 1 hour of
sandblasting (below waterline) and 'Epoxy Barrier-Kote 404/414' for
areas above waterline.

Interlux's formulae for determining 'wetted surface area' (in sq. ft)
is:

Bottom: (LOA) x (Beam) x (0.85)

Topsides: (LOA + Beam) x (2 times average free board area)

Now find the coverage area per gallon (from the web site) and you're
in!

Mike Worrall
Los Angeles

Hello,

I am wondering how many gallong of paint I should get for my 32ft.
double ended ketch. The hull is steel, and will be sandblasted to bare
metal. How many gallons per coat?

(full keel, 10ft beam, 10ft from keel bottom to cabin top)

Any suggestion on what paint system to use on steel would be
appreciated too, as well as advise on application.

Thanks a lot, sincerely,

Gil.