Scott Downey

Default exterior polished bronze coating???

use Nyalic
www.nyalic.com
works especially well on metal

"Chris" wrote in message
m...
Hello and thank you in advance for your suggestions. I'm in the
process of refinishing my boat. The exterior Port lights and fairleads
are of solid bronze. I'm going to sand and polish to a bright finish
and need to coat with a urethane, or some other durable product that
will protect the polished finish and keep all gleaming and not turning
green. I once coated with a two part DuPont product (forget the name)
and it lasted for a reasonable time. I'm aware that there are new
products out there that will under these harsh conditions guarantee a
ten year protection but as yet have not located the company or
product.

Again this is an exterior project, often awash in sea water for days,
stepped on and lines rubbing constantly.
Any suggestions besides letting turn green and brasso every other
week???