Paul Oman

Default Epoxy Finish

Lew Hodgett wrote:

"jleiby" writes:
I am building a S&G kayak and I am finding that as I build up layers of
epoxy the finish tends to 'orange peel' and requires a lot of sanding to

get
it smooth. The first coats of epoxy went on flat.

Any help would be appreciated.

-------------

I see everyone as already given you lots of useful advise, about recoat windows,
etc. However, I am pretty sure they're off the mark here as far as your
problem.

You didn't say what brand or kind of epoxy you are using. Some have surface
tension issues and will 'pull away' - bead up etc. on smooth surfaces, such as
over itself. I have just such an epoxy like that in my product line - great for
poured table tops but don't brush it on over itself!

So, suggest you try a different epoxy.....

paul oman

progressive epoxy polymers
www.epoxyproducts.com/marine.html