Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Retrieving an overboard part

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 07:35:53 -0800 (PST), Frogwatch
wrote:

On Dec 8, 7:50 am, "Ansley W. Sawyer" wrote:
This sounds like it could be solved with a teenager and twenty bucks.

I tried the swimming pool net and could not get it. My 18 yr old son
SAYS her will do it next weekend for $25 bucks but I am doubtful he
really will. Although the water isnt dangerously cold, it isn't comfy
for us FL natives. Even worse, it s nasty looking water with almost
no visibility. Did I mention the alligators, there seem to be some
small ones around although the cold water may make them lethargic.
Oyster tongs might work if I can find an oysterman willing to lend
them. I'll almost certainly end up trying to do it myself next
weekend by diving in spite of my ear problems.

Try some good earplugs.
Got a dog?
If he likes to swim, throw a ball in the water a bit off the pier.
He'll distract any gators while you dive in.

--Vic