steen

Default Epoxy Finish

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 12:03:31 UTC, "jleiby" wrote:

I am building a S&G kayak and I am finding that as I build up layers of
epoxy the finish tends to 'orange peel'

Too long time between coats - washing and sanding is needed then.
Don't recoat if you no longer can make a mark with your nail.

The gel-phase (recoatable time) greatly depends on temperature - what
you find work for you on day, may not work the next day. My gel-time
started (barely tacky) around 2-5h after prior layup

When I builded up the hull of my strip kayak, I was basically up for
about 30H in a row - in order to be within gel-phase for every layer.
You may want to check out my http.

West got a good little leaflet, whit loads of tips, how to's and info.

Have fun
--
steen - menzi.dk
Ready for OpenOffice?