jleiby

Default Epoxy Finish

I didn't rinse off the amine blush in the beginning because I was under the
impression that if you recoated with-in a day or two it was not necessary.
Also, the epoxy I used is very low blush and I didn't notice any. I since
have attempted to wash the surface with warm water but it didn't make any
difference.

Thanks
John

"Meindert Sprang" wrote in message
"jleiby" wrote in message
I am building a S&G kayak and I am finding that as I build up layers of
epoxy the finish tends to 'orange peel' and requires a lot of sanding to

get
it smooth. The first coats of epoxy went on flat.

Had the same problem. Did you rinse off the amine blush between coats?

Meindert