Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] Wilbur Hubbard[_2_] is offline

Default Retrieving an overboard part

"Frogwatch" wrote in message
OK, I dropped the plastic furling drum (massive and heavy plastic
part) from my CDI roller furling in the water beside my boat at the
dock. Water visibility is very poor and it is kinda cold although I
MIGHT be able to bear it. Water depth is 10-12'. I can locate the
drum with my very long boat hook but could not get it with a net tied
to boat hook or by using a metal loop and really cannot even tell how
it is oriented. It is literally only 1' out from my finger pier
straight down. A diver says he can get it next month although he
already tried but he looked in the wrong place (he didnt listen to my
directions well). ANY ideas to get it sooner? I am sure I will end
up going in the water and diving fro it but really dont want too. I
hate diving deep cuz I cannot relieve the pressure in my ears.

Leave it right were it is for that is the best place for it. The Good Lord
has given you a clue. Lose the wind-up sail. Use hank-on sails as God
intended sailboats to do.

Wilbur Hubbard