Larry W4CSC

Default 12V refrigeration

"David&Joan" wrote in
news:9i4Fc.6732$151.2942@fed1read02:

Skip:

Theoretical considerations aside, my advice would be to insulate your
box to the hilt and then install one of the many DC driven Danfoss
compressor systems with a direct evaporator coil, ie no holding plate.
Alder Barbour and others make them.

David

AAAAACCCCCKKKKKK!!!! ADLER BARBOUR!!

If you install an Adler-Barbour electronic 12V compressor, be SURE you put
it into an RF shielded screen room! We had one on "Claire's Navie" that
had this AWFUL pulsing RF noise ON VHF CHANNEL 16!....

Bzzt....Bzzt.....Bzzt,Bzzt,Bzzt.....Bzzt......Bzzt .......Bzzt, Bzzt,
Bzzt....repeating the exact sequence of SQUELCH OPENINGS on both VHF radios
for your entire watch!

Drove us crazy until I turned the damned thing OFF~! Only bothered Channel
16...of all the channels....JUST 16.

Larry