Larry W4CSC

Default 12V refrigeration

"Doug Dotson" wrote in
:

I have a 12V DC belt driven setup. Based upon the size of the
pulley on the motor and compressor, a direct drive system
would seem to be rather tricky. My motor and compressor are
both 3/4 HP. Draws 50A when running.

Doug
s/v Callista

You know, many times while sailing along watching the shaft pulling the
shaft alternator at 20A or so, I've thought to myself, "Where will the
little R-134A compressor go on a longer belt to that alternator?" "Why is
the fridge running off power through so many "conversion losses"?"......

We'll need a liquid-thermostatic-controlled variable speed
transmission....(c;

Can we build one for your shaft?

Larry

If you don't think that shaft has the power to run it, try to stop it from
turning at 8 knots.