Paul

Default Care of boat after each use.

Right now our "pre-launch" checklist including most of the normal stuff -
from checking the oil and fluids to the trailer and tow hook up. Im a bit
anal and would like a post ride list.

I think checklists are great and am developing one for us, it may be anal
but the last time, just as I was backing out of our slip, I had a mild heart
attack when I suddenly wondered if I had unhooked the shore power. I had, it
was just me finding something to freak out about.

It was after that when I decided that I will do up a list for going out and
coming in. I have also sworn not to check it off by memory but to actually
*look* to see that I have hooked up/unhooked things.

I have also forgotten to hook up to shore power after coming back in, no
biggy but it shows you that until you build habits a list can be a good
idea.

My friend investigates aircraft accidents and one of his recent ones was a
gear up landing. A very experienced pilot just plain forgot to put the gear
down on a multi-million dollar fighter jet. Lesson here, don't check off the
list by memory, *look* to see that you actually did it.