Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq.[_3_] Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq.[_3_] is offline

Default So, what 'cha think?

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 22:05:56 -0500, "Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq."
wrote:

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:
http://www.swsports.org/images/_C050199.jpg

Nice texture and mood photo, but I really like this one:

http://www.swsports.org/images/Dune_BW.jpg

I forgot to mention - those images are of the Nappatree Beach Dune
Restoration project - Watch Hill, Rhode Island.

When they first started the project 6 years ago, the dune I was
standing on top of didn't even exist - it was just a small mound.

Now, it's damn near forty feet high. In theory, they are moving right
down the beach with this project restoring them to what they used to
be 100 years ago.

It's working so far.

--

"Do what you can, with what you
have, where you are."

Theodore Roosevelt.

Since the southeastern beach resorts are newer than the northern beach
resorts, most of them have small boardwalks over the dunes to protect
them. They are really necessary to protect the ecology, but they are
also beautiful. Sand Dunes also remind me of a carnal encounter as a
college student. I really can't remember who she was, but I still have
great memories of my time in a secluded sand dune.