Kevin Gunther

Default ??? about breathing under a boat

"Steven Shelikoff" wrote in message
On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 17:35:00 GMT, wrote:

I'd like to clean the bottom of my boat, while it's
in the water. Is there a fairly easy and economical
way of breathing while a few feet below the surface?
A snorkle won't work because I'll be going under

I have used a "Dri-Diver" for cleanng the bottom of my Catalina 30. It is
done from the deck and you don't even have to get wet. It does a nice job
on the bottom, but unfortunately, it does not clean the prop. For that, I
just dive over the side a few times, and using an old oyster knife, I scrape
off the barnacles. I usually have to do this twice a year, since my slip is
in quiet water that promotes a fair amount of growth.

My first mate always holds on to the bitter end of a line that I have
looped under my arms loosely. Hope that this helps.

Kevin