Don White Don White is offline

Default Harry Krause the gunslinger

Don White wrote:
"Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq." wrote in message
Don White wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
Harry should find this case study interesting.
He might want to reconsider his statement that he intends to blow an
intruder's head clean off with his legendary shotgun. Not only would
that be premeditated murder; It would be accompanied with a
prewritten confession. Not too bright of old Harry. Eh?
Could you say the same about any cop or soldier, who might say
something similar, when training for a life threatening situation?
Don do you own a firearm? If not, do you lose sleep over not being
protected?

I own a single shot Remington 20 ga shotgun and a Cooey Model 64 A 22
cal semi auto rifle c/w 6 power scope.
Why would I be scared and lose sleep...I live in Canada.
I guess my neighborhood must be safer, I don't own a gun, and I still
have no fear or lose sleep about a home invasion.

Canada does have it's far share of burglaries and gun murders, maybe you
become scared.

There were 2,452,787 crimes reported in 2006; 48% were property related
crimes
and 12.6% were violent crimes. There were 7,518 reported incidents per
100,000 people.

Do you think you would feel safer if you were packing some heat in your
bedroom?

Oh..I pack heat in the bedroom all right!

LOL, I was hoping you would not let that one slide by.

I also keep my trusty Estwing hatchet handy to greet anyone foolish
enough tp break-in.

I guess you need to move down to the US where the living is easy and safe.
I find I don't need a weapon or a hatchet in the bedroom.

Why did that remind me of that old military expression about this is your
weapon and this is your gun?

Don't forget, I live in the center of a major port city. We had our own
chapter of the Hells Angels before the police quashed that.
We have drug gangs engaged in a shooting war right now.
You can't really compare us to some sleepy hamlet out in the 'burbs'.