Woodchuck

Default Care of boat after each use.

You do more than I do! Just use "marine" waxes as I think they are of better
quality for protection. What I have found was first to use StarBright
wax/cleaner which works well and quick to remove all the marks, dirt, etc
from the hull and then re-do it with a better wax. I use 3M from Boaters
World.

"Rob V" wrote in message
We are finally new boat owers. After much deliberation and test driving -
my wife an I ended up going w/ a Tige 22v Riders edition.

We absolutely love the boat. This is our first boat and a pretty
substantial purchase for us.
Im just curious besides the normal engine maintaince and service - what
other things should we be doing after each time we use the boat.

Right now our "pre-launch" checklist including most of the normal stuff -
from checking the oil and fluids to the trailer and tow hook up. Im a bit
anal and would like a post ride list.

Right now - for the most part - after we get back (we tow it to/from the
lakes) we hang any jackets used in our garage to dry - put the cover on

the
boat and thats pretty much it.
Am I missing anything obvious that I should be doing? I would like to

hear
from some experienced boaters and get in a good habit.

We only us it on fresh water - so Im not really sure it necessary to rinse
it after each use. Should I let the boat air dry out before putting the
cover back on? The main problem is most of the time when we get back -

its
just about dark - so the dew on forming already and most likley nothing

will
dry outside.

Also - what about washing / waxing the hull - any recommendations on a
particular brand - or is normal car wash / wax (turtle wax) ok to use?

The
dealer recommended 303 Aerospace protectant for the vinyl in the boat -

any
comments on that stuff?

Thanks for any help!

-Rob