Jonathan

Default First time pitfalls......

One of the first time pitfalls I just identified is not looking in my
download folder for a year since I printed the plans. The directions
were in an html file that I had mistaken for a logo (another html file
in the pack *is* a logo*, so I hadn't bothered to look at it.

I found the directions which specify tying the "additional" lengthening
pieces on with tape and resin, tying the bottom together, then tying the
bow together then the sides,wired to the bottom, starting from the bow,
then attaching the transom. When it is all knit together, with
moderately loose wire ties, then "straighten" for evenness and tighten
the ties. Then start with the epoxy.

I had more or less gotten this from the various contributors, but as
someone mentioned, it's nice to have an idea what the designer was thinking.

Thanks to all. I am now *waiting* for the bottom extensions to cure.

Jonathan

Matt Langenfeld wrote:
Using the first panel to trace to other has worked well for me. Be sure
to measure twice, cut once. Hopefully the designer gave you a way to
perform a quality assurance check.

Buying an extra sheet of plywood is a good idea as mentioned in another
post.