Brian D

Default Stitch & glue, cable ties?--build time?

Oh man!! I thought it was a **moaning** chair not a *wailing* chair! ...I
never gat anyting rite!

Brian D

--
http://www.advantagecomposites.com/tongass -- My 22' Tolman Skiff project

..
"Michael Kelly - FMEC ~" wrote in message
"Brian D" writes:

Also, beginners tend to spend more time futzing
around with getting the right amount of thickener in the epoxy, applying

it
carefully, trying to get fiberglass to work the way you expected

etcetera.

You forgot the part where the beginner plops himself down in
Chapelle's "wailing chair", stews over the obvious mistake,
grinds off two days worth of fiberglass and epoxy, then starts
over. Plus mixing too much epoxy, and having it go off in the
pot.

I bought two one ounce pumps, for my first epoxy boats (five
cheap canoes). I mix up 3oz batches, apply that, then mix
another. I also use super slow epoxy resin. Where I live
(Sacramento) it's often 110F, and slow epoxy can go off in a
few minutes under some conditions.

--
I don't speak for Intel
Michael Kelly (the one in Folsom)