Backyard Renegade

Default Stitch & glue, cable ties?--build time?

Jonathan wrote in message

I'm curious as to why you might think that? (That it will take more
than two dedicated weeks)

Actually I am more curious as to what pitfalls you see me stumbling into
that i can't see,( still having the blissful veil of ignorance).

As I think about it, there is the obvious, i.e. scheduling boat work is
best accomplished by estimating the time required, then multiplying by
2.5, so that you will only be short by 30% of your estimate

but are there any common pitfalls that I might avoid with a few
suggestions/pointers by others?

Hey I just found this for another guy and though of you.
http://www.microcruising.com/ding1.htm
Not trying to be a wiseass here, better to shoot a little low and be
successful, than to chew off more than you can chew and fail.
This boat would allow more input from your daughter and you can take
your time and finish it up easy, maybe even time for here to add her
own paint scheme She will not get bored and you will not get left at
the end of vacation with a half finished project and a dissappointed
family.
The fact is, it will not be the last boat you build, it's just how
this addiciton goes, you can still build a nice s+t in your spare time
over the summer or fall. No reason not to cut your teeth with a simple
and almost guaranteed successful first build..
Scotty