George

Default Polynesian canoes ( Rat genes solve mystery of great Pacific odyssey

(carl) wrote in message . com...
(George) wrote in message . com...

snip

Oceanic voyaging was not done in a Waka Taua or a Waka Pinakaku..
It was achieved in Waka Hourua or the double hulled Waka Taurua...
And any or all of the above look nothing like the Canadian West canoes..

you bet! and if you want to see a sea worthy Waka Hourua head on down
to the Auckland maritime museum , they look very little like a
canadian canoe and they go significantly faster.

Yup. Of course were Yuri asked he would be unaware of the significant
differences that reserve the waka Taua and the waka Pinaku and the
tapus involved!

Go to
http://www.koekejunction.hnpl.net/ hit the photo and almost at
the bottom of the left hand side frame is the link to my Waka page.
Any-one who can contribute other waka and their locations (if not
already present) are welcome to email me with the details