D K D K is offline

Default YO Harry!

Eisboch wrote:
"D K" wrote in message
Jim wrote:
JohnH wrote:
Harry, your prop picture caught a lot of flack. Here's a prop picture
you
can use and pretend it's the prop on your boat. It's on a 150 Yamaha, so
no
one could tell the difference.

I tried to get a little artsy with the angle and everything so people
would
believe you took it and not some amateur.

http://tinyurl.com/3wjx46
That sure is a good looking and shiny prop. I did see a couple of rust
spots inside the hub though. I wonder if Harry's prop is a genuine Yamaha
prop?

Stainless steel *will* rust. It might be 18-8/410 stainless. The really
good stuff is too soft for many applications.

I think 316 or 316L is recommended for marine/salt water exposure.

Eisboch

I know that use that for cleats and fittings but 316 is rather soft. I
don't think they use it for props.