posted to alt.sailing.asa
Martin Baxter Martin Baxter is offline

Default Whooopeee!!!!!

Dave wrote:
On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 22:10:37 -0500, Marty said:

Nope. An employer can provide no health benefits at all if he so chooses.
The system of linking health benefits to employment is an outgrowth of wage
an price controls of WWII. Most do offer them to be competitive in hiring.
Ah, so Toyota has no health care plan for its' workers?
What is your basis for that conclusion?
The four letter word "Nope" that opens your previous post.
Most interesting and quite revealing. It suggests you believe businesses
answer only to government requirements--that market forces such as the need
to compete with other potential employers in setting wages and benefits, and
the need to compete with other sellers in product pricing, has no influence
in those businesses' decisions. That assumption may be true in a command
economy. Maybe that's why command economies fail.

It suggests nothing of the kind. I only suggests that you failed to
answer in a clear a cogent manner.

You asked the question: "isn't that pretty much a legal
requirement?"

I answered:

Nope. An employer can provide no health benefits at all if he so chooses.

What do you find this unclear? What part of "Nope" do you not understand.

And here I thought the question was "Toyota has no health care plan for
it's workers?"

Cheers
Martin
Want to have instant messaging, and chat rooms, and discussion
groups for your local users or business, you need dbabble!
-- See http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_dbabble.htm ----