posted to alt.sailing.asa
Charles Momsen Charles Momsen is offline

Default 7.4 Trillion! 7.4!!!!

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
easolutions...

?? If I had stock that was worth $100K, then, after the drop in stock
market, it would be worth say 1/2 that; however, no actual loss happens
unless I move the reduced assets to another set of instruments. If I do
that, I have built in the loss. If I don't move them, and the stock market
comes back, nothing changes except time. Are you really confused or just
trying to cover yourself?

At the age of 18 one puts $10,000 away in a retirement account. By age 58 it
is worth $1,000,000. The market crashes and at age 68 upon withdrawal it is
worth $10,000.

No loss eh?

Inflation?

Time value of money?

"Nothing changes except time". All right, loan me 100K$ today, I'll pay it
all back in 25 years, every cent and you wouldn't have lost anything. It's
only time.

Here's an MBA prep power point slide. Maybe you zoning out that day in
class:

itc.utk.edu/spotlight/archive/murphy/MBA_Prep_Summer_Tech.ppt