Gould 0738

Default US occupation of Iraq unsustainable over long run, Congress warns

This is the fight for survival for the terrorists. If they lose here, they
lose. They
are digging in.

You are trying to apply conventional military logic to guerilla warriors and
terrorists. No, they do not and will not behave like Custer at the Little
Bighorn.
(In spite of Condi Rice's ingenious "fly paper" analogy)

BTW: Glad to see you appreciate the economic rebound we are now seeing. Are
you going
to give thanks to GWB or was this the result of something Clinton put in
place? ;-)

????? For several years, we've had to listen to excuses about how the POTUS
doesn't run the economy. Suddenly, when it looks as though it *might* begin to
pick up.......(and we won't waste a lot of time with why the current signals
may be misleading....the effects of one-time refund checks working thier way
through the pipeline and a temporary uptick in consumer spending until the
credit cards recently paid off with a re-fi are charged back up the brink
again,etc.....).....suddenly if things go right
Bush gets the credit? Not surprising. At all.