posted to alt.sailing.asa
Charles Momsen Charles Momsen is offline

Default Yachts abandoned - attention bargain hunters!

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
anews.com...

"Charles Momsen" wrote in message

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
anews.com...

"Charles Momsen" wrote in message

"Joe" wrote in message
On Nov 22, 10:16 am, "Charles Momsen" wrote:
Story he

http://www.king5.com/localnews/stori...nomy_abandoned...

Hey Gilligan hope all is well in Colorado,

Here there are over 300 boats abandoned on the lake .

http://www.galvnews.com/story.lasso?...13B4Upx1BE88DD

The EL Lago Marina was one of the worst wiped out, sadly Silvers wife
could not handle the pressure.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=6517696

Joe

Hi Joe,

Things are pretty good here for the most part. No real big unemployment
problems since most of those who lost their jobs went back to Mexico. A
good number of foreclosures on houses but the small investor is locked
out because lenders have a limit on the number of houses you can have
mortgaged. Gas is under $2.00, food and ammunition prices are dropping
so it's not all gloom and doom. I plan on getting down your way in a
few weeks to see my old yacht, its new owner and sniff around for
another fine addition to the fleet.

I hope you are getting a new RedCloud II going, it's people like you
that make America great - independent, self reliant people that never
give up on their vision.

Partially true but a vision will not be realized without hard work and
competent action. Although Joe has demonstrated he does not fear hard
work it is the competence angle upon which he has yet to get a firm
grip.

Wilbur Hubbard

Right you are Wilbur and there's also luck, both good and bad. I believe
Joe has all it takes and more to be successful.

Perhaps, but only time will tell.

What concerns me is he's too full of pride. I have yet to read where he
admits he screwed up royally in losing Red Cloud unnecessarily. I fear
that until and unless he steps back and takes a realistic appraisal of the
whys and wherefores he's doomed to continue his "bad luck." Part of being
a man is to admit one's mistakes and not continue to always blame them on
fate or bad luck. Until one can admit a mistake one will never be able to
correct a mistake or forestall the same thing happening in the future.

That's a true concern and wise advice. I think Joe has what it takes.