Lew Hodgett

Default Lead Shot needed

"Glenn Ashmore" writes:

Odd, I got much better yield out of bullet lead than I did out of wheel
weights. I just couldn't use more than about 1,000 lbs because I
needed the antimony in the wheel weights. Maybe the indoor sand
backstop made a difference.

Didn't seem to make much difference whether it was from an outdoor range or
indoor ranges that used a steel trap.

Most of my stuff was from indoor ranges.

Lots of what I'll call slag which was NBD.

Had a pot that would hold about 900 lbs of molten lead.

When melting was in process, the slag would float on the surface of the
molten lead where it could be scooped off with a common garden shovel.

--
Lew

Visit: http://home.earthlink.net/~lewhodgett for Pictures