Lew Hodgett

Default Lead Shot needed

"Glenn Ashmore" writes:

Unlikely at most indoor ranges. Live ammo is always at the other end of
the range.

That was not my experience with both public and private ranges such as the
sheriff of Los Angeles County or various city ranges used by the police
departrments.

Probably right but just add half a gram of water and see what happens.

:-)

No thank you.

I was not suggesting he melt it. Just use it as is.

I was aware of that.

Trust me, shooting range "resource" is full of crap, especially dirt, or
what masquerades as dirt.

Melting down about 500 lbs of range "resource" will yield about 360 lbs of
lead pigs. The rest is scrap.

At least that was my experience.

Maybe others will accept this garbage as part of their keel ballast, I
wouldn't and didn't.

BTW, probably melted down more than 20,000 lbs of range "resource" to get my
ballast lead. This included about 10,000 lbs of clean lead pigs that were
stolen.

Remind me to tell you the story about the convicts who loaded range
"resource" sometime.

It was quite an experience.

HTH

--