posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default Yachts abandoned - attention bargain hunters!

On Nov 23, 11:13*am, "~^ beancounter ~^"
wrote:
yep, for folks with cash in hand...there are now, and will be grat
deals
avail...at least thst's what i am discovering...i started a boat corp
and we ( 5 members ) *are shopping right now for a used ericson
38-200...

shoppin' and browsing the net, i see some great deals out there...i
bid on a 1976 ericson 35 in tx w/rub rail damage...not major....and
missed
by aprox $8,500 getting it...i bid a max of $2,500 and it sold for
$10k
or so...

not the boat i/we wanted.....but a heck of a deal...."cash in hand"
talks
in a recession, that's for sure......

cheers everyone......

Meet a fellow this week who bought an Alden 50 something for 20K.
Needs a toe rail and some gel-coat work and rigging and a pulpit.
Interior is stunning. There are many many 30 footers along the shore
of Clearlake that the owners have walked away from.

Joe